How to install CKSDev into Visual Studio 2015 without NuGet
With VS2015 coming out, I upgraded straight away. The problem is, I don’t have access to NuGet on the development machine (it is firewalled off fro the internet for security reasons). This caused a bit of a problem trying to open solutions written in VS2013 using CKSDev templates. Fortunately, the solution is quite simple and – unless I miss my guess – can be used for other Visual Studio Extensions.
1. Install Visual Studio 2015, ensuring that you have included the Office Developer Tools
2. Open an Explorer window and go to \Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\Extensions
3. Find the folder containing CKSDev – on my machine it was called yqxmnzzs.3tk
4. Copy the folder to the clipboard
5. Open an Explorer window and go to \Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions
6. Paste the copied folder
7. Start Visual Studio 2015
8. Click Tools | Extensions and Updates
9. In the list, find CKSDev. It will be disabled. Click it and click Enable
10. Restart Visual Studio 2015.